Why Rent From NorCal Property Management, Inc.?
Congratulations! If you have found your way to this page, you have probably decided to lease one of our many rental properties. Located in San Jose, Campbell, Almaden Valley, Los Gatos, Willow Glen, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Palo Alto, Mountain View, Milpitas and Santa Clara County. We would like to thank you for deciding to rent with NorCal Property Management, Inc.
This page should have all of the information and forms that you will need access to during your tenancy with us. Please see the attached forms below. If you have any further questions, please visit our FAQ’s page. If you still have any questions, please contact our office.
Thank you for deciding to rent with NorCal Property Management, Inc. and remember to “Reach for the Stars with NorCal!”
Tenant Application Process
1. Receive Application
- We receive an application for each person occupying the property that is 18 years or older.
- A complete application consists of the application being fully filled out, the processing fee ($30/application) and two of the most current pay stub for each person paying rent on the property along with any other form of income.
- If you are self-employed, we will need to review your tax returns for the past two years and your bank statements from the past 3 months.
2. Credit Check
- Any bankruptcy within the last 10 years is grounds for automatic denial of an application.
- We check the overall credit score and 30, 60, 90 late payment history. Too many late payments can be grounds for denial of an application.
3. Eviction Check
- Anyone who turns in an application with an eviction on their record within three years from the time the eviction occurred will automatically be denied.
4. Finance Check
- We receive two of the most current pay stubs from each person paying rent on the property. If you are self-employed we will need two years of tax returns, plus 3 months of the most current bank statements.
- The combined tenant’s finances must be able to demonstrate their ability to afford the rent of the property they intend to lease. We make sure that the combined gross income meets or exceeds 3 times the rental amount.
- We call employers to verify that potential tenants are employed by the company they state they are employed by.
5. Reference Check
- We ask potential tenants to list their previous landlord(s) in order to verify that the potential tenant(s) have a history of paying their rent on time, that they were good tenants and to verify that they did not cause excessive damage (more than normal wear and tear) to the property during their residency.
6. Approve or Deny
- Based on the outcome of the application screening process, an applicant will be approved or denied.
- Under certain circumstances, and only with owner approval will a tenant be approved who does not meet all of the applicant screening criteria.
First Come, First Serve
All applications are reviewed on a first come, first serve basis. Application processing time may vary. It can take between 1 to 5 business days. Timing depends on how fast we can get in contact with references, previous landlords and employers to verify information on the application.
If your application is approved, everyone 18 years or old occupying the property will be required to show a photo ID at the time the lease is to be signed. All lease documents must be signed within 72 hours of application approval. This means that the property will remain on the market until the lease is signed.
The first month’s rent and 100% of the security deposit will be due in the form of cash or money order at the time of lease signing.
Please note that some properties do not allow pets.